September 01, 2014
Special Entrance Examination for the 2015 Doctoral program
Must have obtained a master’s degree, from universities specifically designated by the University of Tokyo as follows, by July 31, 2017.
- Peking University
- Tsinghua University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
October 12 (Wed), 2016
Overview of the Entrance Examination
There are TWO stages in the selection process. Applicants must be recommended by a supervising professor at a designated university.
The first stage is a review of the submitted application documents. The second stage is an oral examination in either English or Japanese. Applicants are comprehensively evaluated based on their master's research abstracts; the progress of their master's thesis; and their proposed doctoral research plan at the University of Tokyo.
- Scholarships: 200,000 yen per month (as of April 2016)
Term of Scholarship: Three-years period: from September 2017 to August 2020
- The following academic fees will be paid by the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology:
*Admission Fee ………….282,000 yen
*Selection Fee……………..30,000 yen
How to Apply
First, all applicants must contact the Office of Graduate School of Information Science and technology (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the name of the prospective supervising professor in the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology. After this consultation, all required documents must be submitted either by registered mail or international delivery service before the deadline.
Application Guideline In Japanese /In English
Form1: Application form 1/2
Form2: Application form 2/2
Form3: Recommendation letter
From4: Check list