|Announcement of 2019 Master and Doctoral Programs Admission
● Admission guides of Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
●Information of Winter Entrance Exam for Mechano-Informatics Program
1) First round examination
The first round examination is conducted by screening the documents described in 【6.Documents for submission】of “2019 Admission Guide: Doctoral Program, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo” or “Admission Guide: Doctoral Program [Special Selection for Professionals]”.
Applicants have to submit documents listed below as 【 The others 】column in 【 6. Documents for submission】. No specific form is provided.
1. The list of research achievements (written in Japanese or English)
2. The abstract of the major achievements (in approximately five pages in A4-size) (written in Japanese or English)
3. The research plan in the doctoral program (in approximately two pages in A4-size) (written in Japanese or English)
4. The recommendation letters from two persons who are familiar with research achievement of the applicant (including master's supervisor) (Japanese or English).
5. A copy of the master’s thesis or an equivalent research report. An applicant who is expected to complete a master’s program needs not submit a master’s thesis at the time of application, but must bring it at the oral examination.
6. The abstract of 5 (in two pages in A4-size) (written in Japanese or English). An applicant who is expected to complete a master’s program needs not submit an abstract of master’s thesis at the time of application, but must bring the copies at the oral examination.
7 The original of each of the other documents which are useful to evaluate the applicant’s ability (e.g. copies of published papers, patent specifications or brochures of products by the applicant).
[Note] Applicants who have completed (or are expected to complete) a master’s program at the University of Tokyo are not required to submit TOEFL scores.
2) Second round examination
The second round examination is conducted by oral examination. The oral examination focuses on the contents of the master’s thesis or an equivalent research report, as well as the concept and plan of the prospective doctoral research theme, and the related knowledge in the Mechano-Informatics field.
Applicants must bring a copy of their master’s thesis or an equivalent research report, make a presentation using a handout and a PC projector on the content of research within a specified time period, and answer to questions by the examiners.
Date and Time: 9:00-17:00, Tuesday, February 5 th , 2019 Admission Guide （PDF）
Examination subject: Oral examination
Location: Room No. 232 and 309, School of Engineering; Bldg. No.2
Supplementary information may be provided on the following web page. Be sure to check:(http://www.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp/edu/course/m-i/admission.shtml)
*This document has been translated from the Japanese original for reference purposes only.
Faculty / Lab Introduction (PDF)